Home energy efficiency questions
Do you have a home energy efficiency question? Chances are I've already answered yours, and if not, you can always ask me and I'll try my best!
Best way to get an answer
- Select a main topic from the Main topics list below, which will take you to a page listing all questions I've answered for that topic.
- Do a Frequently Asked Questions search. This will use Google to search only the Frequently Asked Questions pages of my site.
- Click on the appropriate main topic in the lefthand navigation. Each main topic page contains links to related pages on specific subtopics, one of which probably contains the information you're after.
- If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask it! I'm happy to answer questions that are likely of interest to other visitors, since my goal is to help everyone use energy more efficiently.
- If you are really rushed or have a technical question such as how to repair or troubleshoot a particular appliance problem, use the JustAnswer service. You'll get nearly instant advice from an expert technician.
Thanks for your questions! And of course, if you do find an answer, please feel free to add a comment to the answer page, to let me (and other readers on the site) know what you think of it, or if you have a better answer.
Each main topic listed here links to a separate page listing all the questions I've answered for that topic.
- Energy efficient heating
- Energy efficient cooling
- Saving electricity
- Energy efficient lighting
- Energy saving household
- Hot water
- Home energy saving projects
- General energy efficiency
Enter terms related to your energy efficiency question in the search box below. Google will search my entire site for related pages, or search Frequently Asked Questions pages only.
If you need an answer fast, and you're willing to pay a little for the advice of an expert, try JustAnswer.com. They have over 20,000 experts available, including home appliance technicians, HVAC specialists, home renovation experts, electricians and plumbers. You can often get an answer in under ten minutes. Just enter your question below and click Ask the Expert. You choose a price you're willing to pay for an answer (as little as $9), and you only pay if you're satisfied. For things like appliance problems, plumbing or electrical questions and the like, this is a great way to save time and the money you'd spend on a service call. See JustAnswer now.
If you have a question you don't see asked here, please see my separate Energy efficiency questions from visitors, where you can enter a question which I will try to answer (and the question and answer will become a permanent web page), and where you can view other people's questions and the answers to them. You can also comment on or rate existing answers, or add an answer to a question yourself.